Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Early Literacy 20: Block Food

I got this idea from born imaginative. She made homemade block groceries for a play kitchen. Make sure you check out her blog, because she has some wonderful ideas for homemade toys.

I am doing a play bakery shop for the Early Literacy Fair and so I decided to do play bakery items. I found images on Google for baking supplies, printed them, cut them out and used Mod Podge to put them on my blocks from home. These are double sided blocks, so there is an ingredient on each side. I think they are going to be a big hit at the library and at home with my kids. These blocks will add some environmental print to the play kitchen. When we talk about the ingredients we will put in our play cookies, we will be building vocabulary, sequencing skills and storytelling skills.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment