Thursday, January 3, 2013

Flannel Friday: Five Pumpkin Pies in the Bakery Shop

Here is a flannel board you could use for Thanksgiving. I made this in time for Thanksgiving 2012, but I already had my storytime planned and everything I wanted to use, so I am going to use this for Thanksgiving 2013.

I found a really cute picture of a felt pumpkin pie on Rebecca's Sturdy for Common Things blog. She used the pie for an adorable flannel board version of I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie by Alison Jackson.

For the rhyme, I changed the words to "Five Little Cookies in the Bakery Shop" to "Five Little Pumpkin Pies in the Bakery Shop".

Five Pumpkin Pies in the Bakery Shop
Five pumpkin pies in the bakery shop.
Shining bright with some whipped cream on top.
Along comes ___ with a nickel to pay.
He/she buys one and takes it away.


No comments:

Post a Comment