Friday, May 20, 2011

Flannelboard Friday: Where's Spot by Eric Hill

I used the flannelboard below to tell the story Where's Spot by Eric Hill in my dog/puppies storytime this year. I found the template online at The Daycare Resource Connection. There are other stories here you can make into storytime visuals or flannelboards.

I laminated all the pieces and then cut them out. I used magnets to hold the flaps closed until we looked under them in storytime. I photocopied, laminated and cut out a couple of the missing pages of the book that were not included in the template. A lot of the toddlers had heard the story before, but they loved helping me tell it again and got really involved.






4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, a flannelboard site that I haven't seen before! Not only is your Spot adorable, but I'm absolutely bookmarking the new site -- I can't wait to start making some new flannels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you make : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I've got "Spot" in my file of flannal stories to be, but this is a great way to do it. I love that it includes the text.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am totally impressed. What a labor of love...of course the kids liked it even though they know this story! They love being smart and knowing what comes next!

    ReplyDelete