Friday, June 17, 2011

Flannelboard Friday: Mouse Shapes by Ellen Stoll Walsh

I made this flannelboard for Mouse Shapes by Ellen Stoll Walsh in Microsoft Publisher with the shapes you can draw. I printed them on card stock, cut them out, laminated them and then put magnets on the back. I have used it in my toddler storytime for shapes and my family early literacy storytime for letter knowledge. In toddler storytime, I needed to copy enough of the pieces to hand out to each child (15 - 20 pieces). The toddlers put the pieces on the board when we come to that part in the story. In my family early literacy storytime, I used the pieces as I was telling the story to put on the flannelboard. Here is the pdf.

10 comments:

  1. whoa! jinx! we both posted that we use word shapes to make FBs. super cute. i love this story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this, it's exactly what I needed for my storytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this when googling Mouse Shapes- it is generous of you to share this resource!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure... I hope you enjoy the flannel board as much as I have over the years.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, so much Sarah! This was just what I wanted for my storytime this week :) Do have a printed copy of the words as you're telling the story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the book aloud while the kids bring the shapes to the board or while I put the shapes on the flannel board. Our library has a copy of the big book, so it goes really well together. Good luck!

      Delete