Monday, November 10, 2014

Early Literacy 22: Glue Painting

It has been so long since I blogged! The summer was super busy and then the fall has been just as crazy, but I am going to try to get back into posting early literacy stuff I am doing at home with my kids. I am very behind on my goal for the year in blogging about something to do every day, but my husband and I continue to do these things with our kids all the time. Posting about it is the hard part.

This past Sunday, I did glue painting with my kids. I got this idea from TinkerLab. It was a super fun and cheap craft for the morning. I found tissue paper scraps that had already been cut into squares and a variety of buttons from my sewing box. The kids loved it! M spent at least an hour on her creation. The early literacy information is from the TinkerLab site.

Paint with glue, and how to make your own colored glue

Early Literacy Information:
This activity is great for developing hand muscles, problem solving, making aesthetic choices, and exploring the limitations and possibilities of glue. It also teaches children how to control the flow of glue, which is a fantastic skill that will transfer over to squeezing shampoo and ketchup bottles.



No comments:

Post a Comment